As a historian of the First World War, British & European history, and modern representations of conflict I have a wealth of public speaking experience.
I have been teaching and lecturing since 2009 and have spoken at conferences across the country. I have also given public talks to many local history organisations and schools.
Through my background of research into the British, French, and American armies during the First World War, my time teaching on a range of topics covering the two world wars in British and European history, and my time working on the East Sussex WW1 project I have acquired expert knowledge on a range of topics upon which I can give public talks, such as:
- Relations between British, French, and American soldiers in the First World War
- Specific First World War battles such as the Somme or Verdun
- Specific issues concerning the British, French, or American armies at war
- The experiences of women during the First World War
- East Sussex during the First World War
- Europe in the two world wars
- Modern representations of conflict
- History in the Star Wars universe
For examples of some of my recorded talks, see the YouTube links below:
If you are interested in hiring me to give a public talk or be a guest speaker for a historical society, community group, or school on any of the above topics or themes then please contact me and I will be more than happy to discuss your requirements.
Use the form below to get in touch.