Because of my background in project management and consultancy I am available to assist projects, community groups, and broadcasters in the following ways:
- Expert consultancy, analysis or media interviews on the First World War, British & European History, and modern representations of conflict
- Historical or heritage project management assistance
- Expert consultancy for the production of historical computer games
- Bespoke training in the use of archives and libraries
- Advice on historical educational resources
- Advice on the digitisation of archival materials and newspapers
During the course of the First World War centenary I have acted as a Project Manager for the East Sussex WW1 project and for a Widening Participation project run at the University of Sussex which involved the digitisation of relevant archives and the creation of educational resources.
I have provided consultancy for several companies and museums interested in creating computer games or interactive digital material, including authoring the historical notes for the collector’s edition graphic novel accompanying the 2018 game 11-11: Memories Retold.
Further to this I have also been an active member of the academic research network for Gateways to the First World War offering archival training to community groups and giving talks on First World War related subjects as part of ongoing research project activities.
In the lead up to the First World War centenary I was part of a selected group which advised the BBC on their programming and digital output regarding the war and, as a result, was added to the Arts and Humanities Research Council’s list of First World War experts.
I have been interviewed numerous times on BBC national and local radio. I have also acted as an advisor the BBC’s popular genealogy show Who Do You Think You Are? for a number of episodes and filmed content for editions featuring Martin Shaw and Cheryl.
Should you wish to hire me for any of these services or to discuss them further them please contact me for an initial consultation on how I can assist you.
Use the form below to get in touch.